Whether you're making a Leprechaun trap, or you want to try and keep your home trick-free by leaving a distraction/peace offering out for those naughty little elves on St. Patrick's Day Eve- this Leprechaun Bait just might do the job.
It has all the essentials for attracting Leprechauns:
- Gold Nuggets (Peanuts* dusted with edible gold powder).
- A Rainbow of colors (candy coated chocolate)
- Lucky Shamrocks (green colored white chocolate that I piped into shamrock shapes)
- And since Leprechauns can't resist practical items size this bait even has Leprechaun sized "walking sticks" (pretzel sticks) they can use on those long hikes to hide their gold.
* If there are peanut allergy concerns, some puffed rice or even yellow chocolate could be used instead of nuts.
To make the shamrocks pipe melted white chocolate onto parchment. (I made both three-leaf and four-leaf clovers.) Once they're dry they can be lifted off the parchment paper and placed into the Leprechaun bait. If you want to skip this step and make the bait even easier you can toss in some shamrock shaped sprinkles instead.