In my house we make a big deal out of birthdays. And the blog is no exception. Yesterday was the blog's second anniversary (or birthday) so this week, as a thank you to everyone who's been reading this blog I'm doing a giveaway... a big giveaway!
But first a little bit about how I decided on what the prize would be-
Last year when I'd finished one solid year of blogging I took a bit of time to reflect on what I'd done and what I wanted to do. If year one had a theme it would probably have been "try something new" I took a ton of crafty classes and tried so many new techniques.
For my second year I really wanted to do more tutorials (which I'm glad to say I did), but if the year had a theme I think it would have to have been holiday's. I love holiday crafting, and have done more of it this year than ever before.
So I've put together a box of assorted craft supplies that represent the major crafty holiday's around the year. There's a ton of stuff, over $70 dollars worth of stuff actually, and it was hard to photograph it all in one good shot. I had specific ideas for projects with some of these materials but mostly I've left it up to the lucky winner's creativity.
Wanna see more of what's in the box.....
And here are some close-ups:
- New Year's and practically every other holiday... Glitter.
- Valentine's Day: 2 packs of blank cards, ribbon, a bare wooden frame.
- St. Patrick's Day: Bag of foam Shamrocks, Ribbon, Shamrock cookie cutter.
- Easter, or if you don't celebrate Easter these would just be a nice Spring project: Foam Eggs and some wool to make felted eggs. (like the ones I made here).
- 4th of July: Mini Flags, Wooden Star, Ribbon,
- Halloween: Stickers, Ribbon, and a foam pumpkin.
- Thanksgiving: Stickers, Dried Gourds
- Christmas/ Or these would just make nice winter project materials if you don't celebrate Christmas: Wood trees, and coffee filters to make Snowflakes. (tutorial here)
By the way- those coffee filters are good for so many craft projects. You could use them for Halloween and make my Coffee Filter Spider Webs or Valentine's Day and make Hearts and Flowers Wreath. Or During School Vacation (a holiday if you're a kid) to make my tye-dye coffee filter critters.
- I've also included some paper and a few foam brushes just to round things out.
And a lot of these materials are mix and match. For example there's red and green ribbon in here so although it's not listed under Christmas... you could still use it for that holiday too.
So here's how to enter:
The giveaway is open to readers in the US and Canada (although I know in Canada you don't celebrate the 4th of July... lol). Sorry other international readers, this was too much to send through customs.
The giveaway is open until Midnight EST on Monday January 31st.
- To enter simply leave me a comment telling me what your favorite holiday craft is. (That's good for one entry).
- If you're a follower or become a follower let me know and you'll get a second entry (Total of two entries).
- If you mention this giveaway on your blog (whether you're a follower or not) you can also get another entry. In your comment please leave me the link to your blog post so I can verify it.
So, that's up to 3 chances to win!
This giveaway ends at Midnight EST on Monday January 31st I'll pick a one winner using a random number generator and announce it on Tuesday February 1st. The winner will have until February 2nd to claim the prize or else I'll pick another winner.
Good Luck And Thank You for reading my blog!!!
UPDATE: This giveaway is now closed. I'll draw a winner and announce it in my post today (Feb 1st 2011). Thank you to all who have entered, become follows, and posted about this on your blogs!
I've posted the winner... here's the link