Thanks to Joanne at Ready, Set, Craft for nominating me for the lemonade stand award.
To be honest- I sort of didn't know what to do about this at first. I felt a bit shy about nominating 10 other blogs. I don't know why but it was just something that made me a little uncomfortable.
In the end I decided a few things:
1. I was flattered that Joanne thought of me and I didn't want to ignore that.
2. Maybe doing something that makes you feel a little uncomfortable is good for you. It can open you up to new possibilities.
3. Blogging is about a community of people- and why not show 10 other people that I appreciate what they are putting out there.
4. I'm making a conscious effort to leave comments on other blogs. There are some blogs I read pretty frequently but don't leave many- if any comments. This is the perfect way to solidify the more comment effort. There may be some people genuinely surprised to get this award from me- they may have never heard from me before.
And 5. If there is a blog I admire I'm not going to hesitate to put it on my list- even if I'm afraid they are "much bigger than I am" and "won't care" or they "might think it's corny and not care". In short- I don't care if they don't care- I'll list them anyway.
So here it goes-
First of all I wish I could give this award right back to Joanne- she totally deserves it. "Meeting" her through the blogosphere is exactly what I hoped to get from this blogging experience. We are states and states apart and otherwise would never known each other but through our blog exchanges we've become friends.
1. Chubby Mummy. I love her style and her embroidery/quilting rocks!
2. It's Loverly. She always has great insights.
3. CraftyPod. Ok this one goes in my scary big category (it's not the only one on here either) but Diane's advise on blogging through both her podcasts and workshops have truly been an inspiration to me and I can't say enough how much I have valued it. I think her insight and attitude are amazing.
4. Dabbled. I just love her attitude! Always something wonderful to share.
5. Mod Podge Rocks. I love her attitude too. It's just a fun site with so much inspiration!
6. Samster Mommy. Her blog is one of the most honestly written things I've seen- it's hilarious and refreshing.
7. The Magic Onions. I love her attitude and the pictures are always beautiful!
8. Bakerella. Ok super scary big! I love her stuff, all the tiny details make me giddy. You can tell what she creates really makes her happy. I'm going to move on now before a chicken out and take her off my list.
9. With a grateful prayer and a thankful heart. I really like her projects and I think her blog name fits right in with the spirit of the award.
10. Ok so maybe this is cheating but I really have to give Joanne's kitten mama blog a shout out- it's a wonderful story documented in blog format. I think it shows attitude and gratitude... and she doesn't have to do anything for getting this award since she already did her list of 10 for her craft blog.
Maybe the link chain portion of this award dies a little bit with me (because I'm pretty sure there are people on this list who won't pass it on) but that's my list and I'm sticking too it!
(Official award rules... put the lemonade logo on your blog or within your post, nominate at least ten blogs with great attitude or gratitude, link the nominees within your post, let the nominees know they have received this award by commenting on their blog, share the love and link to the person from whom you received this award)
Thank you Joanne!