I finished weaving two days ago and was waiting to post it because I thought I had an idea for what I wanted to do with it. I guess though this isn't technically completely finished because I haven't cut it off the cardboard and tied the edges yet.
Unfortunately the dimensions I happened to make the weaving won't work for that the idea. But I still have hopes that I can find what I need in the right dimentions so I'm waiting just a bit longer on cutting it off the board just to be sure.
And if it absolutely won't work... I guess that means I'll just have to make another one. Yeah that's right I'll just have to use up more of my yarn scraps and imperfect handspun to make another really fun, beautiful weaving and and hope the "secret" project have in mind will work this next time. Too bad huh!
I'm so happy with how this turned out- Pam's how to really was easy, so easy that it's a little addictive. There were a few nights that I took this to bed and wove a bit before falling asleep instead of reading.
My favorite parts are the bits of over-spun spirals that happened to come out on the front side.
I just love that biggest mistake areas in my handspun yarn wound up being the my favorite areas in this weaving.
And as Pam suggested in her post I switched up the pattern a bit here and there so it would randomly sync up
or there'd be strands that ran over for a while instead of "over, under, over...".
Even if I end up making this one work with my new idea I hope to start my next one very soon... maybe next week.