First up, I have a new winner for my box of holiday crafting.
Congratulations Pam from Gingerbread Snowflakes!
Email me with your mailing information and I'll get this package out to you.
Now I've said it before. I'm a little tired of winter. But despite the 5-6 ft piles of snow bordering the driveway I know we are on the edge of spring.
(Maybe the tulip bulbs are coming up under there... just maybe)
How do I know...
1. We're almost into what I like to call the "adage months" March, April and May. Every year I can hardly stand the idea of bleak holiday-less January. Then February's cold seems even worse, until I remember that not only does Valentine's Day offers a bit of much needed holiday fun but it's the shortest month. Which swiftly leads us right into March- Out like a lion in like a lamb. Then... April showers (which are better than snow) bring May flowers. (And before you know it it's summer!)
2. I've notice some buds on the flowering trees.
3. My farm share is going to be starting seedlings soon in their greenhouse
4. I've got the spring cleaning bug. I've been spending a few minutes here and there trying to bring order to my studio.
(This is after some clean-up. I couldn't bear to show you a true before picture! And trust me, there's still a long way to go).
5. According to Sheep Gal (a wonderful blog I read) lambing season is just about 7 weeks away. Little lambs always make me think of spring.
Another sign of spring- Barb is doing a winters waning giveaway. Click on over to enter for a chance to win some great yarn (from her flock) and her book on dyeing yarn. I took a dyeing class with Barb and it was great!
6. And, it doesn't really have anything to do with spring but but I love the tote bags that Jane from Maiden Jane makes and she's going a giveaway for her wine and chocolate bag. So head on over to Jane's giveaway for a chance to win.